44th World Open
June 30-July 4, 2016
The 44th Annual World Open was held from June 30-July 4, 2016 at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, 1201 Market St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
GM Gabor Papp won the 44th World Open after beating GM Victor Bologan in an Armageddon playoff. The game is available in the Games Viewer.
Ten norms were earned at the 2016 World Open. GM norms: Andrey Gorovets, Razvan Preotu, IM norms: Nicolas Checa, Joshua Colas, Vignesh Panchanathan, Kevin Wang, William Morrison, Levy Rozman, Nasir Akylbekov, & Atulya Shetty.
The final standings, with prizes, are now posted for all sections.
Please use the following links to view more information from the 2016 World Open:
- Tournament Information: Sections, schedules, entry fees, prize funds, hotel info, etc.
Other World Open Events
Please use the following links to view more information on other events taking place at the World Open site in Philadelphia:
- World Open Daily Blitz Events (July 1-3)
- World Open Game/10 Championship (July 3)
- World Open Blitz Championship (July 4)
- Philadelphia International (July 5-10)
- World Open Women’s Championship (July 5-7)
- World Open Senior Championship (July 6-10)
- World Open Under 13 Championship (July 9-10)